Hiya! Me back from Bali! Sorry for not blogging bout that earlier coz of Hannah's quiz. That caused me to be nearly late for the Sci Centre trip. And my mom to start yelling at me.
But I digress.
The quiz was fun to complete and I laughed myself to hysterics with Hannah's answers!
... Ok, Bali first!
I had alot of fun there and I really would have liked to stay there somemore! One the first day, we took a horse carriage to Jimbaran from Kuta for seafood which took 30 mins. Even though the driver said 15 mins. Plus, I found out that Bali is ahead of us1 hour! By the time it was 6:30, I could see stars! Or rather, the airplanes nightlights coz of the restaurant we ate at was near the airport.
The second day, we went white water rafting!! It was so COOL!!!! The water was amazingly clear and the rapids were the right amount of fast! There was a 3m slope and I got splashed with water (a lot) and another 4 m steep slope which was actually over a dam! The boat bent at the middle and my dad swore he felt his neck snap. But it was cool. =D
The third day, we had a personal tour guide around Bali! First, we went to see the Barong dance, which was actually a religious ceremony performed every 6 months. I guess they opened it to public for tourism. =/ Still, the costumes were nice and their style was a tinny bit like chinese opera, laugh out loud. I nearly fell asleep at one point. =)
Next, was Batik painting! They showed you the process and how they weaved fabrics using looms. Following that, we went to a silver factory where they made silver jewellery. The work was so intricate! Soon we went to a place where a family of artists drew and sold paintings. The artwork was really nice but my dad followed his compulsion to buy two pieces of artwork. My mom was NOT happy. They cost about US$ 450.
After that, it was time to have lunch! The guide drove us up to a scenic place where we could eat and see the supposedly dormant volcano. All I can say is that the view was AWESOME. There even was a lake above ground level!! But after we left the restaurant, we were ambushed immediately. =( Some really poor people were shoving their goods in our face, pleading us to buy them. Finally, my dad bought a handcrafted chess set just to chase 'em away but even then, they didn't leave. Luckily our guide saved us.
Next was a trip to the coffee plantations and the Monkey "park". I put the word "park" in open inverted commas, because the monkeys were wild. As in, steal your bags and rip your books for bananas wild. But they were really clever some of them, and the babies were so ADORABLE.
Finally, we went to Pizza Hut for dinner. It is SO different. They have, what, asparagus and cream of corn soup? Sorry, but Yuck. But their pizza's still good! =D
On the fourth day, we went to the beach and hired a glassbottomed boat. And after that, me and my dad went snorkeling! Contrary to popular belief, snorkeling is not all clear waters, beautiful colored fish and coral... it is in fact, a murky sea aqua color and the fish are at best, grey. And the currents will push the boat around it's anchor, so one moment you're waving at little fishies, the next you're swimming desperately for the boat that's disappearing into the horizon. -___- Not very fun.
Still, I had fun in Turtle Island! They had a couple of turtles and I held some of the smaller ones. And they started slapping me with their fins. =_= Then we got to see the really big ones! I sat on one turtle and took a picture! They were really huge and were about 50 years old. There were other animals there too. A bat, a vegetarian (large) bird, a huge cousin of the eagle (which couldn't stop warking) and a coupla chickens and two hedgehogs (porcupines?). And my dad paid the owners and they let us see cockfighting! Very fierce, them cocks. After the fight, feathers were covering the ground.
After Turtle Island, I decided, I wanted to jetski. So I did. AND IT WAS TEH BEST OF THE WHOLE TRIP. The seawater kept spraying into my eyes but it was awesome. The speed was just...wow. No words to describe it.
Following that, we went to one of the malls to look around and had KFC for lunch. Then I got a temporary tattoo. =D We went back to the hotel and I spent the rest of the day watching cable while my parents went for Spa treatment.
Then the next day was going home day! We went to the airport and the plane got delayed 2 hours so we went to buy MacDonalds food. Unfortunately, the queue was long and it was like, the workers take the order and give it to the main kitchens via phone and after a while they sent a few people to give the orderers their ordees. So many people were angry and they complained and my family sat in a corner waiting coz we had coupla hours to kill. I forgot what topic I started on, but somehow it led to this phrase, "you man of little faith" Then me and my dad started making easy anagrams and we ended up with, "You da man, Faith of Little" We laughed our butts off even if it wasn't correct.
Call me a dork, but I love my dad. =)
Blah.
PS: I broke up this post coz it was doing wonky stuff to my blog.
Vital regions invaded at 10:41 PM.