Sometimes I wish I could delete the past. For example, this blog's entries. But then again, I
am pretty lazy. O:
Oh, what a non sequitor! (Sequiter? I'm not so good at spelling nowadays.) I suspect, gone are the days when I could type like mad about the most inane things in life; now all I can do is type half way, then throw it all in the metaphoric bin.
I guess the move to Australia is finally taking its toll on me. I've been saying for ages that it doesn't affect me. People ask me if I miss my family and I answer honestly, "Not much." If I were to say that again now, I believe it'll still be the truth.
I'm not saying I'm a cold heartless bastard who doesn't care what happens to her family but it doesn't really feel much different here than at home. I still talk to my parents (my mom mostly) online once every few days -- infact I feel as if I'm speaking more now than at home.
I don't interact with my brother at all, either back home or now -- so not much difference. I guess the hugest change of all concerns my little brother.
He's growing up pretty quickly (He has his own handphone now and he can take public transport all by himself) and I'm not there to see him. I always thought I'd be the one who teaches him how to take the bus and MRT and stuff like that. Haha, maybe he's like me? I tend to learn by myself.
I've always prided on my ability to be independent, regardless of the situation. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why I chose to come to Australia. I wouldn't have 'died' in Singapore, in the JC system of course and I think... I think I use the excuse of Foundation being one year compared to JC's two years as a front.
Have I bitten off more than I can chew?
I find myself not able to gel quite naturally with people here. I mean, of course, I consider them my friends! But that doesn't mean I get to confide into them my deep innermost thoughts! And I also have this vague feeling that everyone's separated into their mini-groups and I'm not included.
Pffft, I'm not talking about not having anyone to eat lunch with; it's not that sort of thing. It's more like... A lot of people actually came here with people whom they know from their previous school. Do you get what I mean? Hm.
It's Labour Day holiday today, and there's nothing to do. Ahah. Initially we were supposed to go to the beach, but Adeline said she had to study for ELACS structured essay test. Mine's on Thursday. The worse thing about this holiday is that
none of the shops are open.
Which means I can't go to the local bookstore and browse there. D:!
Vital regions invaded at 1:54 PM.